white wash background

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

foxy boxy

Soooooooo...I realized this morning that I have a few things to post that I have made in the last almost year since I posted last...but, soon and very soon Imma gonna have to get up off my lazy butt and get to makin stuff. That's good news!! Whoo hooo! I love makin stuff! Ha!

Our youngest son is doing a "program" our church has this year called Frontier Year Team (FYT). He is spending the year at another church within our family of churches serving.  He does lots of "fun" stuff like: vacuuming, secretarial stuff, stuffing envelopes, cleaning...cool stuff like that. ha! BUT, he also does things like outreach within the church, outreach into the community, hanging out with school kids, reading books, studying the Bible, attending some classes on theology kinds of things...and...hmmm...oh! because he is a guitar player and a singer he helps lead worship at 3 different church sites. Most importantly, it gives him a year to seek the Lord as to what the next part of his life will look like. He is serving on FYT with 2 other lovely gals in another small town USA in northern Missouri. So - why do I tell you this? Well - he has had to raise most of his own finances to be able to do this FYT thang.  We did several fund raiser kind of things, and he worked his little tail feathers off too. I made some things for him to sell...rabbit trail now begins -> oh yeah! I need to get busy making those necklaces for him to sell too!...back from the rabbit trail. Whew!

Anyway - I made some boxes for him to sell. They are woodburned, painted, and then fabric is applied in spots on the top. Then I apply like 50 million coats of varnish to the top. It makes the top look thick and glass like.  I made one of these for a dear friend a couple of years ago. I also made a matching journal to go inside hers.  So...here's a few pics of 3 of the boxes. Thanks for taking a look!

Flower Foxy Boxy




Tree Foxy Boxy





Modern Foxy Boxy





PS - if you are trying to follow me, plz be patient with me. For some reason - I am not sure where that button is on here. I'm trying to figure that one out. I'm so techie. meh.

2 comments:

CookingInStilettos said...

I'm lovin' the modern foxy boxy! You are such a talented woman!

aRtgypsy said...

@CookingInStilettos - Thanks chica! Here's to more art in 2011!